Autumn Spiced Old Fashioned with Valencia Orange
The Old Fashioned is a classic bourbon cocktail. This autumn-inspired version is spiced with seasonal cinnamon and nutmeg, and slightly sweetened with juicy Valencia oranges. It’s the perfect cocktail for toasting to the comforts and flavors of fall.
TIME TO TABLE:
10 minutes prep
2 teaspoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
8 dashes orange bitters
2 Paramount Citrus Valencia orange slices
1 oz. Paramount Citrus Valencia orange juice
6 oz. Kentucky bourbon
2 maraschino cherries
1. Stir together the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small dish. Place half of the spiced sugar in each of two old fashioned glasses.
2. Add 4 dashes of orange bitters to each glass.
3. Add an orange slice to each glass and muddle the orange with the sugar and bitters.
4. Pour ½ ounce of orange juice and 3 ounces of bourbon into each glass. Stir.
5. Fill each glass with crushed ice and garnish with a cherry.