Chile Lime Cerveza Cocktail
No Cinco de Mayo celebration is complete without a twist of lime! This cocktail combines tequila, Mexican beer, spicy syrup and citrus for a delicious drink. The sweet spiciness will tingle your tongue while the lime adds a refreshing burst of flavor.
TIME TO TABLE:
20 minutes prep, 5 minutes cooking.
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 jalapeno, sliced
3 oz. gold tequila
2 oz. fresh Paramount Citrus lime juice
1.5 oz. chile syrup
1 oz. fresh Paramount Citrus Valencia orange juice
4 oz. light Mexican beer
Salt to rim the glasses
Paramount citrus lime wedges for garnish
1. Combine the water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir slowly until the sugar dissolves completely. Remove from the heat, add the jalapeno and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes. (The longer it sits. The hotter it will get.)
2. Strain the syrup into a sealable jar and discard the jalapeno. You will need 1.5 ounces of syrup for the cocktail. The rest can be stored in the refrigerator for later use.
3. In a cocktail shaker, stir together the tequila, lime juice, chile syrup and orange juice.
4. Rim two 8 to 10 ounce cocktail glasses with salt. Fill each with crushed ice.
5. Strain half of the cocktail into each glass. Top each with 2 ounces of beer. Add a lime wedge for garnish and serve.